In 1989, during the AIDS epidemic, prominent Fox host Sean Hannity was a young shock jock on a local radio show when he interviewed the author of a book called The AIDS Cover-up? The Real and Alarming Facts About AIDS.
In the resulting interview, Hannity and author Gene Antonio promoted their homphobic, paranoid theories about homosexuals, gay sex, and the realities of the AIDS epidemic.
The most notable moments from the interview:
- Gay people are “brainwashing” the public about the AIDS epidemic.
- People who have gay sex are “prone to disease.”
- Gay sex is tantamount to "playing in a sewer."
- Gay men get sick because they engage in fisting, “gerbil stuffing.”
- Gay men eat each other’s feces during sex.
- Gay people are filled with hatred, bigotry, and heterophobia.
- Homosexuality is a “lower form of behavior."
While this interview was a long time ago, but it’s important to remember where Fox News starpower comes from.