The ever important Sunday political shows are still overwhelmingly white, male, and conservative—very troubling considering the weight that these shows are given in the political arena. Here’s the state of Sunday shows this quarter.
- Broadcast networks still continue to host a majority of white men.
- Men made up over 70% of the guests on broadcast and CNN shows.
- White, conservative men were the largest proportion of all guests, and an even larger proportions of solo interviews.
- MSNBC was the only network that achieved notable diversity in its guest, particularly Melissa Harris-Perry’s show.
- Broadcast shows and panels were still more likely to host more conservatives than progressives.
- Seven of the top ten guests for solo interviews were Republicans.